The treasurer is responsible for the administration of the city's financial planning and management functions including:
- Billing for services
- Collecting and recording city revenues
- Coordinating the establishment and review of departmental objectives
- Keeping the city's books of accounts in accordance with the recognized Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Maintaining a functional data processing for user departments
- Managing the city's cash flow and investments
- Preparing the annual city budget
- Levy and collect taxes
Transparency Dashboard Project
This is a work in progress. View at Transparency Dashboard.
The mission of the City of Burlington is to build and enhance our community by safely, respectfully, proudly and effectively executing our daily work activities. As an organization we are committed to continuous improvement.