Absentee ballots for the November 3 General Election are being sent to voters that have requested one. The last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed is October 29. The City highly recommends you do not wait to request an absentee ballot. To request a ballot online visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/.
Ballots for CITY residents can be returned one of four ways:
- Sending via U.S. Mail
- Hand Deliver to City Hall, 300 N. Pine Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Place in the Secure Ballot Drop Box inside the Public Library, 166 E. Jefferson Street (City residents only).
- Hand Deliver on Election Day, to Veteran’s Terrace, 589 Milwaukee Avenue by 8 p.m.
Burlington Public Library hours are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
** IMPORTANT! YOUR BALLOT WILL NOT BE COUNTED IF THE “3” HIGHLIGHTED SECTIONS ON THE RETURN ENVELOPE ARE NOT COMPLETED.
In Person Absentee Voting
In person absentee voting at City Hall, 300 N. Pine Street, will be available October 20 – 30 from 8 am to 4 pm (8 am to 5 pm on Friday, October 30). The entrance for in-person absentee voting will be on the Jefferson Street side of the building - watch for the signs. Masks are required. Please expect a wait as only two voters will be allowed in the building at a time.
Voting at the Polls on Election Day
Polling locations for the November 3 Election for all Wards will be at Veterans Terrace, 589 Milwaukee Avenue. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voter Registration Options Anyone wishing to vote in the State of Wisconsin, where they are required to register, has four options to register:
- By Mail: Download the Application for Voter Registration, complete the form and mail it to City Hall, attention the City Clerk’s office. A copy of proof of residence must be included when submitting the registration application. The deadline to register to vote by mail is Wednesday, October 14, 2020. After this date, electors must register in person at City Hall or at the polling location on Election Day.
- In Person: Register at City Hall, 300 N. Pine Street. Please note, Friday, October 30, 2020 is the last day for in-person registration. After this date electors must register at the polling location on Election Day.
- Online: Eligible Wisconsin Voters who have a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID Card can now register completely online! Visit https://myvote.wi.gov and select what type of voter you are. You will be asked several questions that will allow MyVote to complete the registration form.The deadline to register to vote online is Wednesday, October 14, 2020. After this date, electors must register in person at City Hall or at the polling location on Election Day.
- At the Polling Place on Election Day: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 28 days preceding the election.