Parks & Facilities
What can you do in the parks?
- Fish along the beautiful Fox River, White River or Echo Lake!
- Hike, run, or bike along the miles of trails!
- Have a picnic with your family
- Take your dog to the dog park
- Take your dog for a walk, on leash, through the parks
The Parks Program is responsible for maintaining public facilities, outdoor parks and recreation facilities.
City parks are open year round from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, however public restrooms in the parks are only open May 1 through September 30. Likewise, park pavilion reservations are only available from May 1 through September 30.
The department is responsible for maintaining all 28 city parks, as well as street medians and rights of way plantings. This includes mowing approximately 217 acres, trimming trees, landscaping and painting and repair of park benches, playground equipment and buildings. The department also organizes equipment and materials for special events, such as ChocolateFest.
Ball Diamond Maintenance
The department mows and maintains all city ball diamonds. For information on leagues and programs, please contact the Community Education Department at 262-763-0219.
- Park, Open Space and Trails Plan
- Park Reservations
- Park Development Fund Project/Program Application (PDF)
The mission of the City of Burlington is to build and enhance our community by safely, respectfully, proudly and effectively executing our daily work activities. As an organization we are committed to continuous improvement.