Requesting Records & Information

Available Public Records

Some records are available online at this website such as the minutes of the Common Council proceedings and minutes of the various boards, commissions and committees.

Requesting Records

City records are open to the public upon request. Requests can be made using our Open Records Request form (PDF). The form will identify the documents that you want to review or have copied. The completed form can be submitted to the City Clerk:

300 N Pine St.
Burlington, WI 53105


Copies of documents are available for $0.25 per page. The cost may be more if staff time is required to find the requested documents. If the research time is limited and the number of pages is less than five, then the fee is waived.